Saturday, August 21, 2010

We have arrived!!

We have arrived at the cabin for our annual family vacation! After much planning, packing we left at about 1:00 this afternoon for our caravan trip to the cabin. We both needed to drive because we brought the boat, the rented jet ski and our bikes, plus all the stuff we needed for the week.

The ride up here actually went really well! I had all the kids with me and we only had to stop once and it is just over a 3 hour drive. I was impressed. Just because I think it is fun, and I did it last time, I noted all the different license plates on our drive up here.
This is what we saw:
Alberta
California
Indiana
Iowa
North Dakota
Michigan
Minnesota - of course

Missouri
Saskatchewan
South Dakota

Wisconsin


After we got here and unloaded, we had some dinner and then went to put the jet ski in the lake! It was 89 degrees so the lake felt really nice. While the kids all waited for their turn, we played in the lake and picked up shells that they found. Michael enjoyed swimming around with his life jacket on.




David taking looking for shells VERY seriously!

The ones he found



Michael swimming


After the water fun, the kids enjoyed some time rocking on the deck,
and playing catch with Dad.




This is a self portrait of Me and Sarah, that David was sitting strategically in
and Michael walked though at just the right moment:-)


Sunset from our deck...


1 comment: