Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 5...

Today was a bittersweet day - it was the last full day at the cabin. Tomorrow morning we pack up and head for home. It has been such a great week and everyone has enjoyed themselves.


We went back out fishing this morning, and Jeremy was using a lure that had two sets of hooks on it. Michael was wondering if that was so he could catch more than one fish at a time, and we told him no, it was just for one fish. Well low and behold Jeremy gets a fish and it feels REALLY big - when it gets to the surface we see the reason it felt so big... He caught TWO fish on the same lure at the same time!!! Michael says, "Dad needs to be in a fishing magazine now!" I don't know that I would have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. The bigger one was 17 inches long!



After lunch we had more fun on the lake paddle boating, jet skiing, and fishing off of the dock. Then the boys all went swimming and shell hunting.

After a fish dinner, which we all have decided we DON'T like - We went back out to try one more time to see if I could catch a 'big' fish... No such luck. I guess I will have to try harder next year:-)

One final sunset from the cabin...
Thanks for a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment