We drove a few miles into town and hooked up with the Central Lakes Biking Trail. We biked for a little over 10 miles through the country side and saw many beautiful lakes, a couple farms, and lots of wild life including snakes, lizards, chipmunks, butterflies and flying grass hoppers. It was so neat to see the wind blowing in the field crops - it looked like waves on the ocean.
On our way out...




We stopped along the way and had a snack/lunch trail side.

Back on the trail again...


I LOVE picturesque barns - This is one I saw along the trail

We stopped along the way and had a snack/lunch trail side.
Back on the trail again...
I LOVE picturesque barns - This is one I saw along the trail
Upon returning to the cabin, we all just had some downtime because we were all pretty tuckered out! We read books, and watched movies while we watched the white cap waves out on the lake. Hopefully the wind will die down by tomorrow, so we can be out on the lake again:-)
Jeremy is reading stories to the kids - they are loving it! It makes me smile because during the regular work week, there isn't much time for him to read to them. I guess that is what vacation is for!!
Jeremy is reading stories to the kids - they are loving it! It makes me smile because during the regular work week, there isn't much time for him to read to them. I guess that is what vacation is for!!
No comments:
Post a Comment