Yesterday, because it was foretasted to be 92 degrees and humid, we decided to take off to Woodbury MN and go to Lake Elmo Park Reserve.
They have a swimming pond that is man made, but it is the greatest! It is a HUGE sand bottom, filtered and disinfected pond with sand beach all the way around it. We have been there on two of the hottest days and because of the setup, it doesn't feel crowded - there is room for everyone.
My friend who also has 3 kids went with us, so we packed up six kids in the truck and headed off for a day of swimming fun! The kids do great and love to play, swim, dig in the sand, and just be kids. Sarah figured out that if she put her hands flat on the sand bottom she could let her legs float up - she thought she was cool!
I get "Mother of the Year" Award, with my sunscreen application. Don't get me wrong, I put it on my kids, but for some reason, I need to perfect my application technique, because never fail I always miss some spots. Michael was so excited to get in the water that I got spray on him but neglected to put anything on his face:-( It looks like he has a mask on! He is being a really good sport about it, but I just still feel really bad! Sarah and David aren't bad, they just have a couple of small spots that I missed, thank goodness!
I brought my camera, but I had no battery left so we have no pictures, but I did have some from last time we went in July... So enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment