To make these blankets I took a single layer fleece and then made binding out of coordinating fabric and used that to finish the edge of the blanket. They are about 58" square, so they are a nice size to wrap up and cuddle in even for bigger kids.
I had fun making Crayon Caddy's for the kids. It is a crayon holder that holds 24 crayons and then rolls up for easy storage or supper portability. I got this pattern from a book called, Sew Special Fat Quarter Gifts by Julie Johnson.
I found a pattern online for reversible tote bags and then I altered the pattern because there were no pockets on the original pattern and I thought a bag like this needed to have pockets. With pockets added I made numerous bags for different people.
One more picture to add:
And last but not least, I made coffee cozies to use when you get coffee from a coffee shop. This pattern I also altered a little because it just called for 2 layers of fabric and I didn't think that would be enough so I added 2 layers of flannel on the inside to insulate it a little. These were a lot of fun.This is all the same one, with appliques on it
A lot of these sewing projects were done with the group of gals I sew with and we are already thinking about projects for next year! I love to sew!!!
When you post them all in one blog it looks like you've been a terribly busy sewing lady. Very impressive!
ReplyDeletewow! you could sell these on etsy.com!!!!!
ReplyDelete