Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

So, there is never a dull moment in our house! With 3 kids and 1-2 day care kids at any given time, there is no telling what might happen...

Monday night Sarah started running a fever. She seemed to get warmer and warmer as the day went on, I messed with her ear and she didn't like that so I thought she might have an ear infection. I made a Dr. appointment for 5:00 to get her checked out, her appointment went alright and she didn't have an ear infection after all. The Dr. thought maybe it was a viral fever or the beginning of a cold.

So, we get home and I put Sarah in the sling because she would just cry if I put her down and I started making dinner. We hadn't been home 10 minutes and I heard the most awful scream from the back yard - David had stepped on a nail and his foot was still stuck to the board with the nail in his foot! I ran outside and had to pull it out if his foot and scooped him up brought him inside to get it cleaned off and calmed down enough so that I could call the Dr. and see what we needed to do. (Sarah was still in the sling) They suggested that we go in to Urgent Care to get it looked at so off we went to the Dr. again. There was about and inch and a half of the nail inside his foot! I couldn't believe it.

He is going to be alright, it is really sore today and we just need to watch it for signs of infection otherwise it should heal fine.

Sarah still is running a fever today so we are having a real low key day - we didn't sleep very well last night:-(

This was enough excitement for the week/month much less all in one evening. I hope we don't have a repeat of this anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, Rachel - what a bad day! Hope it gets better for you... :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete