Monday, June 8, 2009

Elm Trees = Weeds

Well our garden is up and growing quite well. We also have hundreds if not thousands of little tiny elm trees that have decided to take root in our garden. I tried to take a picture and this really doesn't do it justice to what it looks like - It is just a sea of green.


Elm trees apparently have their own version of the Maple Tree helicopters, thy are shaped like little coins and a ton of them decided to grow themselves in my garden. They are covering almost every square inch...


The other day Michael and I set out to pull them up, and we pulled and pulled, I did an area that was about 5' by 7' and this is how many I got! So far I am about 2/3 done. I don't ever remember having this many of these seedlings in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment