Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun Day

The kids and I had a wonderful day! After breakfast this morning we drove up to the airport and watched planes take off and land. We watched them for a little while and then they started getting antsy so we decided we were off the the library.

We had a fun time picking out books, doing puzzles, and playing with magnate letters that the library has there for kids to play with.
After a while Sarah got board playing and decided that the rows of book shelves made perfect walking paths! She would start walking down a row of shelves and I would let her get part of the way down and then I would go and get her - as I got closer and she could hear my flip flops, she would squeal and go faster. Sorry the video is a little 'bumpy' I was trying to walk and film at the same time...



One of the best things I got at the library were books that had CD's with them. I thought Michael might like them so I got three to start with. Turns out he LOVES them!! I have a tiny CD player and headphones and I think he sat for over an hour listening to the same three books! We will definitely be getting more of them.

Before dinner the boys were back out in the yard playing with the Slip n Slide and in the pool. I bought the Slip n Slide at Menards for $4 and they are having a lot of fun with it. I have videos of them that I will post later.

Our day ended with a walk after dinner and then baths for all and ice cream before bed:-)

After we said our prayers, Michael said,

"Mom, this was the best day ever!"

1 comment:

  1. Rachel! You have a blog! I'll have to add this to the ol' blog roll I keep tabs on. And I can't believe Sarah is already a year old. Time flies! =)

    ReplyDelete