Our kids were VERY happy campers this weekend! After a much anticipated wait, we finally got our little boat out on the water. After getting the motor fixed and replacing all the wooden seats in the boat, we were finally able to go out for a nice spin around the lake. Grandma even came down for the weekend and was able to go with us.
Michael loved sitting in the front of the boat, David is a little scary and likes to lean over enough so that his had is in the water, and Sarah, well she was more interested in eating snack than anything else.
On our way back to the boat landing, we saw what we thought was a log floating in the water, but decided to turn around and check it out. It was a big Muskie that was dead, floating in the water. It was probably almost 3 feet long. The kids thought that was pretty neat.
On Sunday Michael got to go fishing in the boat with Grandma and Daddy. After trying 3 different spots they started catching Sunfish. Michael says he found a secret spot to fish...I just hope no one is in his "secret" spot when we go back:-)
The fishing crew got TOTALLY soaked due to an unexpected downpour! Once they got off the lake they discovered that the tire on the boat trailer was flat, so I had to bring them the air compressor so that they could make it home.
After all was said and done we had a fantastic weekend.
~I still can't upload videos!~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Upload videos is being really funny. In the edit post page it looks as though it didn't work but when I publish the post and it's on my main page its there. If i flip back to edit it says it didn't work. Totally being weird.
ReplyDeleteJust thought I'd mention, maybe you've already tried that.