Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Wonderful Life

About a month ago now, my husband said he had a strange question for me, he asked,

“Is this the best time of your life?”

It really got me thinking about my life and how blessed I really am. I have been going over things in my head since he asked me this question and I wanted to put them down in writing.

God has blessed me with an amazing husband! He is a very hardworking, talented and very willing to help others. He is a great father to our kids, and I love to see him with them. We have been married almost 10 years and although we have had our bits of ups and downs, I can honestly say that we are in the best place we have ever been! He is my friend, my partner and I love him!

I have three beautiful, healthy, wonderful children. I am fortunate that I get to stay home with them. From the time I was quite little I knew that I wanted to stay home with my kids.

Michael is 6 and is coming to the end of Kindergarten; I can’t begin to tell you how exciting it is to see how much he has learned this year. He truly loves to go to school and is very eager to learn – I hope that continues. Sometimes I just have to laugh at the stuff that comes out of his mouth; he has a solution for everything! (Very much like his mother-must be a first born thing)

David is 3 and will be 4 this summer. In true second born fashion, David can sometimes be challenging because he likes to see how far the boundaries can be pushed without actually getting into trouble. Under all that is a very sweet spirit who tries very hard to please you and is very much a cuddle bug. He is also finishing up his first year of ‘school’. He has been doing speech therapy since last fall, and it has made all the difference in the world! He can now communicate with us, and that is going a long way in helping his behavior get better and better.

Sarah will be 2 in a matter of weeks – she is our little diva and drama queen! She can turn it on and off with the flip of a switch. She is also a Daddy’s girl. She is already talking up a storm and can communicate quite well with us what she needs and wants. She enjoys singing, playing with her dolls, and playing outside. She feels really important now that she can open the sliding glass door and let Molly, our dog, in and out!

I am so blessed to have a house, a roof over our heads. There are so many people right now who are losing their houses for one reason or another, I am very thankful that we have a place to call home.

I have a wonderful group of friends that I do things with on a regular basis. I was never one who had a ton of friends, I always had one or two good friends but that was about it. Maybe it is just my age, but I now seem to have a bunch of friends. We laugh, cry, encourage, share ideas, share projects, offer advice, and fellowship, all of which I cherish. They are very important in my life and they each have a special place in my heart.

So, to answer the question stated in the beginning,

Yes, this is the best time of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment