Monday, March 15, 2010

Glorious 60's!!!!!

That's right it hit 60 degrees yesterday and it was wonderful!!! Within one week we went from having 2-3 feet of snow in the back yard to having almost none at all.

We all went out to play yesterday and did the kids have fun. Granted it was a little muddy, but nothing compared to what I was thinking our back yard was going to look like. I think it melted so fast, that most of it evaporated because we don't have a 'lake' in our back yard like we usually have in the spring.

Jeremy and I worked on cleaning up the yard from the dog. I am so pleased to have it done and cleaned so that the kids can go out and play without our yard resembling a mine field:-)

After that we filled the bird feeder and the kids played on the swing set. I was amazed that within 5 minutes of us filing the feeder we had birds eating. We haven't had it filled all winter long! The kids had fun watching the birds come and go.

Of course when it was time to come in, no one wanted to, but we finally convinced them that it was dinner time and we were going in to eat.

We took boots off outside and then their muddy pants off as soon as they stepped inside and there was no mess at all that was tracked into the house:-)

Given the fact that we didn't have naps and then we played outside...daylight savings time had NO impact on our kids. The went to bed without a single peep at 7:20 - which would have been 6:20! I have great kids!

1 comment:

  1. I love this weather. I was outside yesterday in a T-shirt, pants and flip flops. I kept thinking I was still a little warm. I had to convince Oliver it was really okay to go outside without a coat on.

    ReplyDelete