Monday, August 24, 2009

Hope

So the technical definition of hope is 'a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life.'

How often do we really feel hopeful? I think very easily we get caught up in the 'woe is me' mentality, add onto that the current status of our economy and our world and all you hear about is negative, this person lost their job, that company is closing or down sizing, relationships are strained, we have men and women overseas fighting for our freedoms, etc. I think it is probably fair to say that we all know someone who has been directly or indirectly affected by this.

For the last couple weeks our pastor has been talking about Hope, and the hope we have in Jesus. This just really struck a cord with me - If we have accepted Him into our heats we truly have have a HOPE that surpasses all others. God has a plan for our lives, and we have all been put on this earth for a reason.This world is only temporary! I am not saying that we can just be careless with what we have been given, but one day we are going to leave this world behind and go to heaven to be with Him for eternity!

So I leave you with this thought today is: Do you have that eternal hope that I am talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment