I knew right away that I wanted to make a bag out of it, but because it was a batik type fabric I knew I needed something heavier to go with it because it was so lightweight.
I had decided that I was going to use denim or a heavy weight khaki. I just had not gotten a chance to get to the fabric store, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of legs from jeans that I had cut off. I used the top part of the jeans for a different project last summer.
That was perfect, I cut all the legs open and sewed them together in alternating colors light and dark, to make my own 'fabric'. I then preceded to make the bag as usual including adding some really fun detailing to the pockets. The bag is completely reversible with a pocket on both the inside and the outside.
I am so excited at how well this turned out!
This is my new FAVORITE bag!!
This is my new FAVORITE bag!!
That looks fantastic! I love the way the jean side turned out with the light and dark material. I'm so glad you got some use out of the fabric. I still had too much to ever use it all so I gave some too my sisters as well.
ReplyDelete