This afternoon I REALLY wanted run to the fabric store, but because Jeremy is out of town that meant that the kids needed to come with me.
We were going to a small fabric store called Mill End. This store is great but has some notoriously cranky ladies working there especially when it comes to bringing kids in... I knew we wouldn't be there long, so I gave my kids a good pep talk and took my chances:-)
My kids did really good, they were trying to help me pick out the color and fabric that I needed. That was really fun. As we were getting the fabric cut, David was very curious about the machine used to measure and cut long rolls of decorator fabric. He listened very well, and did not touch it, but he was still very curious. After she finished cutting my fabric, she offered to show the kids how the machine worked. They thought that was pretty neat.
As we were paying for our fabric, she complimented all the kids on how well they behaved at the store!! That made me feel great!! As soon as we got outside I made sure that the kids heard what she said, and I also wanted to make sure they knew how much I appreciated how well behaved they had been the store. My kids were very happy that they did a good job as well.
We were already planning on going to McDonald's afterwards, and Michael who, often reminds me of myself and never misses a beat said, "Does that mean we can get Happy Meals?" We usually don't get the whole Happy Meal when we go out, but this time I made an exception and treated them to a Happy Meal. That made for very happy kids and a very proud Momma:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment