Wow, it has been a while since I have posted anything!
January just got quite busy with a late Christmas celebration, my birthday and then a 'Mommy Vacation' and before you know it, the month is just about over.
That's right, you read correctly, I got a Mommy Vacation! Jeremy and I have been doing this for the last 3 years, he gets a week of hunting and then come January or February I get to go away for a little break. I have a good fried who I have been to see twice in Indiana, but last fall she moved to Nebraska so I got to visit Nebraska this year! I went from Saturday to Saturday, the longest I have ever been away.
After arriving at the airport we drove about an hour to Omaha for a fun girls weekend. On Saturday we enjoyed shopping, eating, a heavenly, hour long massage, more eating and hanging out in the hotel pool. We both slept till 9:00 the next morning, I can't tell you the last time I have been able to sleep that long in a hotel room! It was great. After breakfast at the hotel we headed to the mall for a full day of shopping. After our fun day of shopping we got back in the car for a 2+hour drive home.
The rest of the week didn't go exactly as we had planned because her daughter was sick and had to stay home for a few days, but that didn't stop us from having fun! I finished a 500 piece puzzle that they had started and then later in the week did a 1000 piece puzzle in one day!! I forgot how much I loved puzzles:-) We enjoyed some more shopping and had lunch at two different little cafes downtown. We got pedicures and found a really cool bead shop. We must have spent an hour in there. We finished off the week with homemade Caramel Pecan rolls and a family movie night with everyone complete with popcorn and pop. Mixed in the week there were countless hours of talking, sharing and coffee drinking! It was so relaxing!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to drive the 90 miles to the airport. I was on the ground in Minneapolis by noon. I had a great week away, but it was good to get back and see my family.
Jeremy took a week of vacation and held the fort down while I was away - he did a great job. He is an awesome Dad and husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment