Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Christmas Eve was a day spent baking, decorating cookies, cleaning, snow blowing and just getting ready for Christmas! We started baking some cookies on Thursday afternoon, after school, but we still needed to decorate them.

We really had a lot of fun. Everyone got to help.

After quite a bit of convincing on Michael's part, I let him roll the Sugar Cookie dough out.
He did a pretty good job and was very pleased with himself.
Then everyone got to help make the cutouts.


Later, Michael decided he would be good in the 'packaging' department:-)


The finished product


Sarah helped be put away
The Chocolate No Bake cookies and couldn't help but sample some.



Next we were going to make Pretzel Rolo cookies - We were supposed to place a Rolo candy on top of a pretzel and melt it slightly and then put a pecan on top. My kids decided that if we put another pretzel on top we could make 'sandwiches'. They are really yummy either way!!





To finish it all off, I made mint chocolate triangles.
I just love how they all look on the pan, and they are taste great too!

Out of the oven, before dipping


After dipping


And finally a picture of our tree


This is a picture of our tree through
"Mad Scientist Glasses"
I think it is pretty neat!


Merry Christmas Everyone
And Happy Birthday Jesus!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum those mint triangle sound good you ahould post that recpie

    ReplyDelete