Well I did it! I had my very first garage sale. We used to have sales all the time growing up and as I was getting ready for our sale the thought came to me that this was my first sale since being on my own and married.
I couldn't have done it without my friend Heidi, she was a wonderful help and we both agree that we make a great team!! She came and 7:00 in the morning and with the exception of a small grocery run or a run to go get change, she didn't leave till we were done after 5:00 every day.
A week ago we started getting things out of storage, sorting and setting up for this sale. Last Sunday another friend came and we sorted through TONS of baby clothes and got them all set out.
After carefully watching the weather it was very obvious that the weather was not going to cooperate with us and we were definitely going to have rain on Thursday. We had borrowed a big 10x20 tent from my parents but we had too much stuff even with the tent, our garage was not shop-able, that is how full it was. After a brain storm it was decided that we would empty our living room and that would also be an extension of our sale. It worked beautifully, we actually got a lot of comments on how well our sale was laid out and organized:-)
These past 3 days have brought a whole new definition to the words tired and exhausted! But even with being tired this whole process was incredibly rewarding. We are even talking about doing a sale later on this summer...
I would have to say that my 1st garage sale experience in my own home was a success!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment