Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Preparations

We have had our lights up on the outside of our house since mid November. We had a few days that were really warm, so I took advantage of it and got them hung. We showed great restraint and didn't actually plug them in till right before Thanksgiving.



I had quite a few strings of icicle lights that had big sections that were not working, I didn't just want to throw them away so I tried to come up with something I could do with them to make use of them. This is what I came up with - I rolled each string in a ball and then wrapped it in semi sheer fabric and tied it with another strip of fabric. Voila glowing balls to hang in the tree!


Christmas Eve and Christmas day we got a ton of snow as well as rain and it made some very impressive icicles hanging off the roof.


Cookies~Cookies~Cookies
These are just some of the yummy cookies we made this year!



Our tree...Christmas Eve just waiting till the morning...


1 comment: