A few months ago, in addition to making waffles from scratch for our breakfast, I started making our own syrup with sugar, water and maple flavoring. If you can't afford the 'real' thing it is the next best thing and super simple to make.
I was running low on my maple flavoring so I got some Log Cabin syrup from the store to tide us over till my maple flavoring came in the mail. We used to use Log Cabin before I started making it so it wasn't like my kids had never had it before.
We were having french toast for dinner and as I was eating the syrup from the store I thought, boy I really do like the other syrup better but didn't say anything.
The next morning Michael says, "Did you make this syrup?"
I said, "No, why?
And he said, "It tastes disgusting!!"
I said, "No, why?
And he said, "It tastes disgusting!!"
Hee, hee! You really like the taste of that homemade stuff? My mom would make it when we ran out so it's always been "lower class" in my mind. But cheaper sounds nice... Maybe I could get a little recipe from you?
ReplyDelete